Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Method 8: Social Networking

I appreciated all the articles and information which presented Social Networking pro and con.
When doing the 23 Things I set up accounts with a pseudonym as I am not comfortable giving out personal information.
Working from an objective site like the library I am more than willing to contribute information and share, but not with my personal details. There have been so many warnings lately on TV, in articles and on the net of the phenomenal success of hackers that I would prefer not to take the risk. Identity theft has invaded the life of a couple of people close to me; so I have taken the warning.
I look forward to the spreading use of Social Networking for our own library which is beginning to enjoy contact with other libraries, both locally in Texas and the great systems like LOC .

No comments:

Post a Comment